O Robin, sing! For the secret of eternity is in song.
I wish I were as you, free from prisons and chains.
I wish I were as you; a soul flying over the valleys,
Sipping the light as wine is sipped from ethereal cups.
I wish I were as you, innocent, contented and happy.
Ignoring the future and forgetting the past.
I wish I were as you in beauty, grace and elegance
With the wind spreading my wings for adornment by the dew.
I wish I were as you in beauty, a thought floating above the land
Pouring out my songs between the forest and the sky.O Robin, sing!
and disperse my anxiety. listen to the voice within your voice
that whispers in my inner ear;”
Rockin Robin Jackson 5
- The Indian peafowl or blue peafowl is a large and brightly coloured bird, is a species of peafowl native to South Asia, but introduced in many other parts of the world. The male, or peacock, is predominantly blue with a fan-like crest of feathers.
- Peacock symbolism: Vision, Royalty, Spirituality, Awakening, Guidance, Protection, & Watchfulness. In Greco-Roman mythology the Peacock tail has the "eyes" of the stars. In Hinduism, the Peacock is associated with Lakshmi who represents patience, kindness and luck.
- Ancient Greeks believed that the flesh of peafowl did not decay after death, and so it became a symbol of immortality. This symbolism was adopted by early Christianity, and thus many early Christian paintings and mosaics show the peacock.
- The pride of the Peacock is the glory of God William Blake
- The sparrow is sorry for the peacock at the burden of its tail. Amitendranath Tagore
Elvis and his Peacock jumpsuit which sold for $300,000 in 2008
Double Barred Finch
- Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato
- Death and love are the two wings that bear the good man to heaven. Michel Angelo
- Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings. Victor Hugo
- Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.” Salvador Dali
- The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings. J.M.Barrie
- Pan, who and what art thou?" he cried huskily"I'm youth, I'm joy," Peter answered at a venture, "I'm a little bird that has broken out of the egg.
- Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best. Henry Van Dyke
- Heavenly bodies are nests of invisible birds
Spotted Turtle Dove
The Wings of a Dove